High performance materials to withstand the harshest environments
Adhesive materials are used for a range of internal and external applications in the manufacture of wind energy products. Double sided tapes provide a trusted solution for the permanent fixing and assembly of components. Our wide range of speciality single coated films provide reliable, temporary and permanent solutions for masking and protecting external surfaces. Their advanced formulations can withstand the toughest environments, for example protecting wind blades from sand, salt spray, hail and debris, to maintain their aerodynamics.
Wind energy applications utilising an adhesive material include:
- Temporary surface protection during outdoor storage and transportation
- Permanent erosion protection of leading edge wind turbine blades
- Flexible masking of curved and irregular surfaces
- Permanent attachment of components e.g. air distributaries
- Thermal management, insulation venting of electrical components